Friday, January 27, 2012

January 28

The sun was out today.  Bright and blinding, like it owned the place.  It didn’t feel real, even though I wandered around downtown Portland, bathing in it.  It has rained and poured so much in the last few weeks that when the sun finally came out, no one was really sure what to do.  I think it’s supposed to be dry again tomorrow.  Maybe the sun will show up, too.  After pondering it for a while, I decided to take it as encouragement that a little warmer weather is coming.  May be a few months yet down the road, but it will come.  I generally prefer winter over summer.  I don’t like hot weather.  But as a bus rider, I have to say standing in the freezing cold isn’t the most favorable way to wait for a bus.

As I wandered around Portland, I thought maybe it would be fun to grab some Voodoo Doughnuts and bring them home.  I walked over to discover they only take cash.  When I went to the ATM, I realized I didn’t know my pin, because I haven’t used it yet.  So I called my mom to see if she could find it in my room.  It took a while, but she finally found it.  Or at least she found what I wanted her to find.  

Which I realized after trying three more times was actually the paper my card came with and the number I was punching in was the last four digits of my card number.  In my frustration, I went home to find the paper with my pin on it, which I was surprised to find in a place that made sense.  Then I walked over to my bank, put my card in the ATM machine, attempted to change my pin and the machine told me I had attempted my pin too many times and it decided for my security it would keep the card.  How nice.  It turns out, the bank isn’t going to open that ATM machine back up until Monday morning, wherein I will already be on my way to George Fox Seminary to use the library.  I may or may not be going somewhere on Tuesday that requires me to leave before the bank is open and I have to work at 4am on Wednesday so who knows when I’ll actually make it to the bank.  

So a nice and peaceful day turned out to be comically frustrating.  sigh

At least the sun was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment