Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 7, a commissioning



I was sitting on the bus today waiting for it to leave when a text came through my phone.  A friend of mine was sending me a picture, and to my surprise, it worked.  They usually don’t.  When I opened it, I saw my dear friend and mentor, whom I love more than words can say, kneeling at the altar in Estes at Asbury being commissioned and prayed over in all her academic regalia (her penguin outfit, as she calls it) and blessed on her new journey as Vice President of Community Formation.  The picture made me so happy that it made me cry.  

So Marilyn, a little prayer from me, too.  May God bless you and keep you, and I pray that God gives you strength and a growing heart and the vision to see and discern the Spirit and beauty in your life and work.  

And thank you, Leigh, for being a little rebellious during prayer and sending me that picture. :)  I have really good friends.

1 comment:

  1. I will always be rebellious during prayer times in order to capture any picture worth sending to you, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete