Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 4

The second morning is always harder than the first.  It’s almost, but not quite, 3am right now.  I’m up to be to work by four.  I did the same thing yesterday.

As the days trudge along, I’m finding myself more and more discouraged and frustrated.  I graduated in May with hopes of moving onto a job I would enjoy doing, even if it had some great difficulties.  Instead, I had to move back home because I couldn’t find a job and then it took me four months to find a job and it ended up being sales support at Victoria’s Secret at a mall it takes me nearly two hours to get to by bus.  Over time, this job is beginning to wear me out.  Without work that has meaning, I feel my soul starting to wither and a feeling if despair beginning to creep in. And so, I think I might try a little something new.  I think I’m going to do a series of posts of what it’s like to struggle with faith and trust and the work of God in the midst of great frustration and confusion.  

This is not a moral-to-the-story-solution kind of writing.  It will just be me and my thoughts and feelings.  And maybe it will help me gain a little perspective.  With no great guides and mentors around these days, perspective is a little harder to come by.  

Time to continue preparing for work.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment